Trends Research is strongly committed to honest and ethical business
practices. Part of this committment is our adherence to the ethical
guidelines of the Qualitative Research Consultant's Association and
the Institute for Management Consultants.
of Ethics of the Institute of Management Consultants
will serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity.
2. We will keep
client information confidential and will use proprietary client information
only with the client's permission.
3. We will not take advantage of confidential client information for
ourselves or our firms.
4. We will not allow conflicts of interest which provide a competitive
advantage to one client through our use of confidential information
from another client who is a direct competitor without our client's
5. We will
only accept assignments for which we are qualified by our experience
6. We will assign staff to assignments in accord with their experience,
knowledge, and expertise.
7. We will immediately acknowledge any influences on our objectivity
to our clients and offer to withdraw from an assignment when our objectivity
or integrity may be impaired.
will agree independently and in advance on the basis for our fees
and expenses and will charge fees and expenses that are reasonable,
legitimate, and commensurate with the services we deliver and the
responsibility we accept.
9. We will disclose to our clients in advance any fees or commissions
that we will receive for equipment, supplies, or services we recommend
to our clients.
will respect the intellectual property rights of our clients, other
consulting firms, and sole practitioners, and will not use proprietary
information or methodology without permission.
11. We will not
advertise our services in a deceptive manner and will not misrepresent
the consulting profession, consulting firms, or sole practitioners.
12. We will report violations of this Code of Ethics.
of Ethics of the Qualitative Research Consultants Association [QRCA]
As a QRCA Member, Market
Trends Research, Inc. agrees to abide by the following principles:
1. To conduct qualitative research in a professional manner, and to
strive at all times to ensure that respondent recruiting, analysis,
and report preparation meet high standards of excellence.
2. To avoid discriminatory practices in respondent selection. Unless
clearly justified by the research project, members will not arbitrarily
exclude participants based on age, sex, race, religion, or physical
3. To represent honestly their professional credentials, academic
degrees, research experience and client lists.
4. Not to misrepresent their credentials in order to secure or maintain
membership in QRCA, nor to assert or imply that QRCA membership is
evidence of accreditation or endorsement.
5. Not to offer or accept kickbacks or other favors in return for
6. To respect client and respondent confidentiality, and not to reveal
proprietary research findings to others without explicit client approval.
7. To use qualitative research procedures only for legitimate research
purposes, and not, for example, as a ruse for product promotion.
8. To treat respondents with respect and consideration, and at all
times to conduct themselves in such a manner as to reflect favorably
on the profession which they represent.
9. To support the QRCA Charter and Bylaws, and to endeavor to further
QRCA's key objective: to enhance the professionalism of qualitative
Trends Research Incorporated
303-823-5811 / 727-421-6214
© 2000-2007 Market Trends Research Inc.